How can we grow through suffering? Can human pain and adversity be redeemed? How can we acknowledge and understand others’ pain and then bear one another’s burdens with love and empathy?
Go deep with thoughtful keynote talks, on-stage conversations, & short presentations from scholars, thought leaders, & practitioners
Engage with conference speakers and attendees in small-group 45-minute discussion seminars and praxis labs
Expose yourself to new and challenging ideas in an environment geared toward intellectual and spiritual formation through learning and liturgy
At The Table 2017, you’ll learn:
- How are we to make sense of evil and suffering in this world?
- How can we do something with the pain and conflict in our lives?
- What is grief and lament, and how do they play a part in human psychology, emotion, and experience?
- What can we learn from history about pain and suffering?
- How does the suffering of Christ work for our good?
- How can we forgive those who cause us great pain from wrongs done?